Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Time to switch to WordPress (one more in a continuing series)

I've kept writing this blog with Blogger partly (mostly) out of inertia, and partly because WordPress doesn't have a feature like Blogger's slide show.

But the slide show works only part-time these days, and as of March 29 Blogger has lost one more format feature: curly single and double quotation marks. Those are the default formats in Windows Live Writer, where I started writing my Blogger posts last year after Blogger began losing the spaces between my paragraphs. But in Blogger they've now started showing only as empty boxes.

If you see one of those in one of my posts, please let me know. I'm replacing them, one punctuation mark at a time, but the progress is slow and the prospect of future readability grows ever more uncertain.